Gerry speaks March 29 - April 5 in CA & AZ after 8-year absence
PLEASE NOTE REVISED ITINERARY: April 2 talk in Milpitas CA (San Jose area) regrettably CANCELLED due to only 4 pre-registrations!
Yesterday (Friday, March 28), I left my home in Scranton, Pennsylvania and flew to Los Angeles to begin a one-last-time lecture tour of California and Arizona.
On this tour I'm delivering a brand-new talk entitled “As It Was in the Days of Noah: The Striking Parallels between the Cultural Collapse preceding the Primeval Flood and Our Own Turbulent Times.”
This afternoon, Saturday, March 29, I delivered this talk in Calabasas, a suburb of Los Angeles. After various meetings I'll have over the next several days with individuals here in southern California, and then in Nevada, I'll drive to Arizona to give several talks there (see below).
My talk’s title of course derives from Christ’s words recorded in Luke 17:26: “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of Man,” i.e., of His return to earth in judgment.
I am very excited about this trip, for four reasons:
1) First, I’ve not spoken in Arizona for eight years now!
Those who’ve listened to my “Consistent vs. Counterfeit Catholicism” 6-CD set — and if you haven’t, it’s available from our online store, www.gerrymatatics.org/shop — know that I embarked on a final multi-year “megatour” in February 2006 because, after two decades of intense spiritual and intellectual wrestling with the mystery of the origins and true nature of the current Catholic crisis of our times, I felt God in His undeserved mercy had given me an understanding of the matter which moved me to promise Him that I would return one last time to every place I’d ever spoken in my previous 20-year career as a Catholic apologist, in order to share this interpretive key to making sense of the crisis.
The second month of my megatour, March 2006, brought me to Arizona, where I spoke in Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson, and Yuma. All told, I brought my megatour on “Counterfeit Catholicism” to 44 cities in 17 states that year. The next year, 2007, I’m afraid I slacked off, giving that talk in only 42 cities in 14 states! ;)
And it’s been six years since I last spoke in southern California, where I gave an all-day seminar on this subject in Orange County on Saturday, June 28, 2008. (The recording of that seminar is the aforementioned 6-CD set.) In 2008 I spoke on that topic in 53 cities in 12 states and throughout New Zealand (5 cities) and Australia (5 cities): my fifth speaking tour of Australia and fourth of New Zealand over the past two decades.
2) Secondly, although my income is at an alarming all-time low, I am able to take this trip thanks to a free airline ticket my previous purchases have earned me, which had to be used in March or else it would have expired.
What I save on airfare, unfortunately, I’ll be spending — and then some! — on a 10-day car rental and several tanks of gas, since I’ll be driving nearly 2000 miles on this lecture tour: from Los Angeles where I land, up to Calabasas, then to several stops in southern California over the next three days, then a several-hour drive up to Las Vegas, Nevada (not to gamble at the casinos: my financially-precarious apostolate is a gamble enough!), then to northwestern Arizona, then down to Prescott AZ, then down to Phoenix, and finally the 6-hour drive back to Los Angeles, California.
3) Thirdly, thanks to some serendipitous timing, synchronicity, or what you will, on the very day I landed in Los Angeles the major motion picture “Noah” starring Russell Crowe in the title role began premiering all across the country — a nicely providential “coincidence” of a tie-in to the very theme I’m speaking on. (I saw the film in Scranton on the night before my departure and feel obliged to warn audiences about the terrible distortions of the Biblical account this atrocious film is guilty of.)
4) Fourthly, this tour has the potential to bring about a major breakthrough for my lay apostolate, Biblical Foundations International, now in its 24th year. I’ll be able to tell you more about that when I return.
As I mentioned above, the California talk has already been given. But if you live in Arizona — or if you have family or friends who do — please consider coming out, or having them come out, to hear me. If you need me to, I’ll be happy to email a flier describing the talks to anyone you ask me to.
NOTE: I cannot emphasize strongly enough that anyone interested in attending any of these talks MUST pre-register IMMEDIATELY so we can save you a seat: space is extremely limited. You can pre-register by either emailing me at email@example.com, or by calling me at (570) 969-1724. In either case please provide your name, address, telephone number (cell phone is best), and the number of people in your group planning to attend.
The talks are all FREE, but you will be invited to make a suggested freewill offering (to help us cover the costs of meeting space rental and my travel expenses) of $10 per person, $15 per couple, or $20 for the entire family. However, as always, no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
As always, each talk is followed by a lively Q & A / discussion & debate session, in which I invite you to ask me (or argue with me!) about anything! If you think I’ve taken a wrong turn anywhere in my thinking, please come and tell me off: I promise you a respectful and grateful hearing! You don’t have to agree with me about anything to attend, and enjoy, the talk! People of all faiths (or none) are warmly welcome!
Speaking of lively debate, at each location there is the possibility of a debate between myself and a well-known Vatican II or traditionalist priest being added to the program.
Here are the remaining dates, times, locations, and directions:
1) Friday, April 4, 10 am - 6 pm (5 talks plus Q & A • lunch provided)
Marriott Springhill Suites Prescott
200 East Sheldon St (Rt 89), Prescott AZ 86301 • (928) 776-0998
From I-17: Take exit 262 for Rt 69 to Prescott, in Prescott take 89 west/Sheldon St to 3rd light, turn right into parking lot shared by Albertson’s supermarket & Springhill Suites.
From Rt 89 southbound: after Rt 89 becomes Sheldon St in Prescott proceed as above.
From Rt 89 northbound: after Rt 89 in Prescott turns from N Montezuma St into Sheldon St (right turn), turn left at next light into Albertson’s supermarket / Springhill Suites parking lot.
2) Saturday, April 5, 1:30 pm (talk plus Q & A)
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Midtown
160 West Catalina Dr, Phoenix AZ 85013 • (602) 200-0990
From I-17: Exit 201, go east on Thomas Rd approx. 4 miles, turn left on 3rd Ave and go 2 blocks, turn right on Catalina, hotel is on left on corner of 3rd & Catalina.
From I-10: exit 144 (7th Ave, not 7th St), take 7th Ave north to Thomas, turn right onto Thomas, left onto 3rd, proceed as above.
I don’t seek any honorarium or remuneration for my talks, for the time and effort spent in researching them or in giving them, or for my time away from my work and my family. It is my privilege and my pleasure to donate all of that and more to the Catholic Church and to the Catholic Faith, both of which I dearly love, by God’s grace.
But I DO need the assistance of any among you who might be moved by the Holy Ghost to help me cover my travel expenses of the car rental, several tanks of gasoline, meeting space rentals, meals and lodging, as well as the 1,000 fliers I’ve mailed out to everyone on the Arizona and California portions of my mailing list, which has already cost me $1000 I really don’t have, but put on my credit card. (That’s the total cost of the fliers — ink and colored paper — the envelopes, and the 49¢ postage for each mailing.)
Whether or not you or any of your loved ones are able to attend these talks, would you be willing to donate $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more to this vital evangelistic endeavor? Our nation’s very survival may well depend upon each of us doing what we can to spread God’s truth as widely as possible in these dark days.
1. The quickest, easiest way to donate is to go to my website, www.gerrymatatics.org, and click the yellow “Make A Donation” button located in the upper right-hand area of any page on my website to use PayPal to make a secure donation.
2. A second option is to call me at (570) 969-1724 and leave on my voicemail (no one hears it but me) your information: the 16-digit number of your Discover, MasterCard, or Visa, the expiration date, the 3-digit security code from the back of the card, your name exactly as it appears on the card (including middle initial, if any), your card’s billing address, and the amount you wish to donate.
3. A third option is to mail a check or money order, payable either to “Gerry Matatics” or to “Biblical Foundations International,” to me at PO Box 569, Dunmore PA 18512.
Like Noah, I am firmly and utterly convinced (in fact the way I’ve spent my entire teenage and adult life, and all my time and money, has been grounded in this conviction) that the storm clouds of God’s wrath are soon to burst on our wicked world — I believe quite possibly in our lifetime. If so, we need to get as many people on board the ark of Christ’s one true Church as possible, and as quickly as possible!
Will you help me? May Almighty God bless you and keep you!
Yours in Christ for the evangelizing of our wayward nation before it’s too late,